There are few things that make for better family outings than a day out on the open water in a boat. Family members of all ages can enjoy the feeling of a fresh breeze and clear, clean water and participate in a slew of recreational activities.
Michigan is chock-full of beautiful and exciting waterways that you can explore, regardless of your recreational interests. Whether you hope to go deep water fishing off one of the state’s four Great Lakes shorelines or are looking for a speedboat that you can use to jet around your favorite local lake with, there’s no shortage of exciting and interesting things to explore via water in the Great Lakes State.
If you’re looking for a unique, engaging way to spend more time with your loved ones and family members, investing in a boat may be right for you. Consulting with local boat dealers in Fenton, MI can help you learn more about the different types of boats available, and help you determine which type of boat is right for you and your family. Here are just some of the most common types of watercraft, and their respective benefits:
- Bowriders: These boats are among the most versatile types of watercraft that money can buy. Investing in a bowrider is a great way to maximize the amount of time that you can spend out on the water. Bowriders are great for a number of activities, ranging from fishing to simple joy rides.
- Freshwater fishing boats: There are a number of different kinds of freshwater fishing boats, ranging from rugged bass boats to simple aluminum jon boats. Regardless of the type of freshwater fishing boat you prefer, these watercrafts are designed with one simple goal in mind: catching lots of tasty local seafood.
- Pontoon boats: Perhaps the ultimate “family” boat, pontoon boats are simple, fun to operate and ideally suited for spending relaxing days out on the water. Pontoon boats accommodate large numbers of people, and are relatively slow in the water. Additionally, pontoon boats are extremely stable.
- Sailboats: The harbors and bays of Lake Michigan and Lake Huron are dotted with the elegant sight of sails poking up out of the water. Sailing is an art that can take decades to master—it’s also an extremely fun, physical activity that you can enjoy with the whole family. There’s no time like the present to start learning a new skill, like sailing!
- Speedboats: If you need to feel a bit more wind in your hair, or if you’re hoping to tow a wakeboard or set of water skis behind you, you’ll need a speedboat. These fun, exciting vehicles are best suited for use by small numbers of people without small children on board.
Since 1993, Lake Ponemah Marina has been a trusted purveyor of high-quality boats in Eastern Michigan. We’re proud to be one of the premier boat dealers in Fenton, MI and the surrounding areas. To learn more about our current inventory, or to find out more about using our marina, reach out to one of our friendly, knowledgeable representatives today.
Categorised in: Boat Dealers
This post was written by Writer